For Immediate Release – WHISTLER, B.C. February 8, 2017 – WNORTH, a global gathering of women on the rise, today announces an exciting schedule packed with inspirational speakers, actionable workshops and opportunities for meaningful connections. Taking place in Whistler April 19-21, 2017, WNORTH is a boutique conference focused on providing a forum for women who are aiming for, or already on, a senior executive leadership track.
The theme of this year’s WNORTH Conference will highlight the relationship between Authenticity, Image and Power. Keynote speakers include Elizabeth Cronise McLaughlin, Founder, The Gaia Project for Women’s Leadership, who will speak on the Rise of the New Heroine, Dan Pontefract, author and HR Leader at TELUS, who will examine the Sweet Spot of Purpose in Work and Life, and Donna Carpenter, CEO at Burton, speaking on The Privilege of Power.
Speakers will come from all over North America and a variety of business sectors, to inspire attendees on impactful topics, including:
- Jenn Martin, Canadian Forces – Pressure Under Fire: Leadership from the Front Lines
- Manica Gautam , Partner at Campfire Capital – Venturing into new territory: empowering tales from the fundraising trail
- Vicki Saunders, Founder of SheEO – Radical Generosity: A new model for accessing capital
- Esther Ayorinde, Client Executive for Facebook at Cisco – Black Coffee
- Ruby Roxx, Model and Vice President of Bonerattle Talent – Crushing Vulnerability: Taking the Power Back
- Amy Stanton, CEO of Stanton and Company and former SVP Chief Marketing Officer at Martha Stewart Living – The New Feminine: Harnessing Your Personal Feminine Power
- Tracey Riley, Managing Partner, Assurance at PwC Canada – The Value Add: How women’s perspective improves the bottom line
Complementing a thought-provoking schedule of speakers is a series of meaningful workshops, covering topics relevant to women who aspire to senior leadership, such as the power of values-based leadership, building capacity, and new models for accessing capital.
Speakers and workshops will be balanced with chances to build valuable connections, through intimate networking opportunities such as the Connected Breakfast and Scandinave Spa social.
“In 2017 there is a greater need than ever for forums that provide support and leadership training to the next generation of female executives, as well as offering opportunities for professional women to connect and learn from each other on their path to senior leadership,” says Heather Odendaal, Founder & Curator of WNORTH. “My hope is that organizations, as part of their talent management programs, encourage attendance at WNORTH as a way to develop their high potential female employees. “
Heather is on a mission to grow a global community of women on the rise in business, to foster their careers as they ascend to executive leadership. WNORTH is making an impact as a female leadership brand not just through the annual conference, now in its third year, but through a series of WNORTH Connect Dinners – intimate networking events led by dynamic female business leaders. Past events have taken place in Vancouver, Whistler and New York City, with future events scheduled in San Francisco (March 1) and Los Angeles (March 3).
CONFERENCE DETAILS & REGISTRATION
WNORTH’s unique program is designed to ignite dynamic conversations and meaningful long lasting connections, including actionable workshops and intimate networking opportunities. Conference registration is now open. The Conference pass includes:
- Two days of keynote addresses, talks, and workshops,
- Special events and meals including the Opening Reception presented by PwC, the West Coast Lunch at Aura Restaurant on Thursday, the Connected Breakfast and a light lunch on Friday.
- Access to the WNORTH Community Networking app, hosted on Bizzabo, to connect with other attendees in advance of the conference for pre-event networking.
- A new addition to the conference pass this year is a ticket to the Scandinave Spa Social Evening Event that will take place on Thursday, April 20.
The WNORTH Conference presented by PwC will take place at the Nita Lake Lodge in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada from April 19-21, 2017. Other leading sponsors include McQuarrie Hunter LLP, the official law firm of WNORTH and Business Events Canada, a division of the Canadian Tourism Commission that will bring some of the US-based speakers to Whistler for the Conference.
Registration is open until March 17, 2017 at a cost of $850 CAD plus tax. For full agenda details or to register visit www.wnorthconference.com